CIA Precast & Steel was enlisted to provide precast panel solutions to the redevelopment of the headquarters and administration offices on site at Williamtown RAAF base. The development of the purpose built facility will ensure continued efficiency and effectiveness of the operations carried out by staff members within the RAAF.
Location: Williamtown RAAF Base
Client: CPB Contractors
Value: $3.48 million
- Precast panel shop detailing and workshop drawings
- Design of panel lifting and bracing
- Provide all cranage and plant for the erection of the precast panels
- Supply and maintain precast panel bracing until final connections to the permanent structure were made
- Supply and install non-load bearing decorative precast concrete wall panels
- Supply and install load bearing precast panels
- Supply and install structural steel fishplates, brackets and clips etc
- Surface treatment of steel connections and apply fire rated joint sealant as required
- Apply grouting to underside of panels
- 445 precast panels, each one 150mm – 250mm thick. Total panel area of 4,604 square meters
Features of the development:
- Architectural off-white coloured feature panels with patterned detail.